They come in all kinds of shapes and sizes and are used for a multitude of purposes, and though pendulums might look like a mystical tools befit only for the most enlightened or clairvoyant individuals, they’re actually quite simple to use. If you’ve recently acquired a pendulum or are looking to add one to your intuitive tool kit, we have a lot of information on how you can get the most out of your pendulum and avoid turning it into another shelf ornament.
How A Pendulum Works
It’s important to understand that the pendulum itself isn’t coming up with the answers-it is merely a tool that taps into our intuition and subconscious. You’d be amazed at how many answers we have to the questions in life, but just need help drawing them out--which is exactly what a pendulum does.
How to Begin Using a Pendulum
After you’ve chosen a pendulum, you’ll need to “calibrate” it to your vibrations and establish the pendulums signal for “yes” and “no.” Though this might sound complicated, it’s really as a simple as holding your pendulum and then asking (either mentally or aloud) “Pendulum, show me yes” and waiting to see which way it begins to swing. The motion will depend on the individual, but it could be in a circular motion (clockwise or counterclockwise), from side-to-side, up and down, or even diagonally. After the pendulum has shown you the signal for yes, you can then ask it to show you “no” and observe the new direction which the pendulum begins to swing.
Ways to Use a Pendulum
Pendulums can help provide answers or insight to a vast amount of questions, as long as they are asked in a way that provides only two options, or “yes or no” answers. Examples:
- Making any kind of choice (Do I want to travel for my vacation or stay home?)
- Decluttering your home (Should I keep this item, or let it go?)
- Discovering how you really feel about something (Is studying medicine the right choice for me?)
- Questions about relationships (Is this person right for me?)
- Balancing chakras (Is my root chakra out of balance?)
Pendulums show us our intuitive, gut reactions that are so often right, especially when making personal decisions for ourselves. You can also use pendulums with stones that relate more to the questions you’re asking, such as using a rose quartz pendulum for questions of the heart, or chakra ring pendulums for chakra questions.
Fixing a Faulty Pendulum
There are some things that can cause pendulums to be inaccurate, but you can get you and your pendulum back on track with these troubleshooting tips:
- Mentally off balance: Avoid using your pendulum in highly emotional states or when exhausted. Relaxed and alert shows the most accuracy.
- Outside influence: In order to keep your pendulum in tune with you personally, you’ll want to keep it in a special area away from energetic interference. If it’s been awhile since you’ve used it, you’ll likely have to recalibrate it.
- Vague questions: Ask questions clearly and with intent. If you don’t understand exactly the question you’re asking, you can’t expect to get firm answers.
- Don’t rush: Be patient with answers, and don’t rush the process.
Using a pendulum correctly can lead to greater wisdom and a deeper perception of yourself. Your intuition is one of your greatest tools of awareness, and having a pendulum is the perfect device for tapping into it. Our pendulum selection includes a variety of stones, shapes, and other details so you can find one that resonates with you personally.